Now in its third years, the 6 x 6 Project, exhibited during the 2011, 2012 East Austin Studio Tour, we are getting ready for round three, which will be on exhibit at UP Collective during the 2013 E.A.S.T. If you participated in past years, we welcome you back. If you are a newbie or need a refresher, here is the lowdown:
UP Collective has joined together to extend its gallery space during the 2013 E.A.S.T. for an exhibition of 6 x 6 artwork created by UP Collective members, in-house artists, and artists within the larger Austin community.
Who may participate: Anyone
- 6"×6″ slabs of masonite board will be available for pick-up at UP Collective beginning September 2013 at no cost to the artist. East artist can take up to 3 masonite slabs.
- There are no restrictions on medium.
- Artists participating in the 6 x 6 Project will be donating their piece(s) to UP Collective to be sold for a flat fee of $20 during the two weekends of E.A.S.T. All proceeds will support UP Collective in its mission to provide studio, gallery, and event space for emerging artists.
- In order to participate, send an e-mail to info (at) upcollective.org to schedule a time to pick up your materials.
- Artists will be asked to submit a brief bio and contact information to replace their piece(s) that sell in the exhibition.
Submission due date: November 9th, 7pm
The 6×6″ Project will be not only reflect the variety of artistic talent at UP Collective but also the creative community Austin has to offer. The 6 x 6 Project supports UP Collective's mission to provide a space for emerging artists to show their work, especially during E.A.S.T. We look forward to seeing your submissions!