East Austin’s collective & donation-based yoga studio
Up Yoga Collective is a collective-run yoga studio committed to:
- Sharing quality and affordable yoga with truly donation-based classes
- Supporting yoga teaching artists in their evolution along the yogic path
- Empowering Austin’s community with yoga for diverse bodies and beings
- Promoting mindfulness by providing space and guiding awareness
- Cultivating collaboration with our students and our fellow teaching artists
- Engaging our classes as a form of expression and creation
Up Yoga opened its doors October of 2012 as an extension of UP Collective - a group of artists in east Austin creating and exhibiting their work in a collaborative space. Similarly, Up Yoga is a group of emerging yoga teaching artists creating and embodying hatha practice in a collaborative space with and for the Austin community. The classes take place inside Up Collective's premiere gallery space. We welcome all-levels, from newbies to advanced yogis, ofering a variety of classes and striving to create an all-inclusive community.
Location & Important information
Located at Up Collective Artists Studios & Gallery at 2326 E. Cesar Chavez
- Parking: street & parking lot in the back off 2nd Street
- Location: Yoga classes are held in the main gallery. When you enter the lobby of the building, go up the stairs on the right.
- What to bring: Mats are available, but supply is limited. If you have a mat, bring it. Water would be good too.
- What to wear: comfortable, body-hugging clothing.