Austin’s East Side donation-based yoga
Up Yoga opened its doors October of 2012 as an extension of Up Collective - a group of artists in east Austin creating and exhibiting their work in a collaborative space. Similarly, Up Yoga is a group of emerging yoga teaching artists creating and embodying hatha practice in a collaborative space with and for the Austin community. The classes take place inside Up Collective’s premiere gallery space. We welcome all-levels, from newbies to advanced yogis, offering a variety of classes and striving to create an all-inclusive community.
To empower Austin’s east side community by sharing quality and affordable yoga. Through promoting mindfulness, providing space and awareness to mind, body and breath, and cultivating collaboration, we seek to enhance the lives in our community.
Location & Important information
Located at Up Collective Artists Studios & Gallery at 2326 E. Cesar Chavez
- Parking: street & parking lot in the back off 2nd Street
- Location: Yoga classes are held in the main gallery. When you enter the lobby of the building, go up the stairs on the right.
- What to bring: Mats are available, but supply is limited. If you have a mat, bring it. Water would be good too.
- What to wear: comfortable, body-hugging clothing.
- Suggested donation per class: $10-$15, cash and credit cards accepted